ARI Fellowship Program for Northeast Asian Studies
The ARI Fellowship Program for Northeast Asian Studies is designed to provide scholars and doctoral candidates of foreign countries with an opportunity to carry out research on topics related to Northeast Asia at the Asiatic Research Institute, Korea University. Individuals in the fields of humanities and social sciences who are currently engaged in Northeast Asia-related research and teaching activities are eligible to apply. The fellowship is not open to Korean nationals, except those with resident status in foreign countries. Priority will be given to scholars who have received their Ph.D. degree within five years of their application and doctoral candidates who have completed all academic requirements except the dissertation (ABDs). The fellowship period is for up to six months and may begin any time between January 1st and December 31st. However, counting in the time required for a review process, applicants must plan to begin their fellowship period at least one month behind the application deadline.
# Fellowship Grant
1. Economy-class round-trip airfare (only provided to those who are based overseas prior to the fellowship period)
※ Reimbursement of airfare will be provided after arrival
2. Free accommodation either on or off campus.
3. Access to ARI facilities, including Korea University libraries, and a communal office to be shared with other visiting fellows.
# Required Materials
Application Form http://asiaticresearch.org/index.php?mid=a_03_01
Evidence of current employment or affiliation (if possible)
* The Application Form can be downloaded from the links below.
* Applicants should submit all required materials via email attachment or send original documents by post. Documents must be postmarked no later than the deadline.
While at the ARI, fellows will be encouraged to present work-in-progress and to conduct joint research with ARI members.
# Application Deadline
August 8, 2013 (08.08.2013)
After application, a conformation email will be sent to all applicants within five days. Unless you receive an email, please contact ARI at email@example.com.
Fellowship awardees will be notified individually.